Being one for tradition of sorts and yesterday being Sunday, I thought it apt to make a Sunday roast.
Oh and we’re talking proper homemade roast, none of that ready meal shit.
So Saturday afternoon myself and Jonathan (the boyfriend) made the preparatory shop in M&S (because we are classy motherfuckers) and Co-op (because lets face it we are students, how classy can we be?)
And I must admit it, I think we even impressed ourselves.
- Perfectly cooked roast chicken – already stuffed with sage, onion and bacon stuffing (courtesy of m&s)
- honey glazed roasted carrots and parsnips
- roast potatoes topped with onions and thyme
- broccoli in cheese sauce
- the gravy to smother everything.
- and of course a bottle of red wine (to make us feel that little bit more grown up)
- Belgian chocolate souffles – again courtesy of m&s
- chocolate and vanilla ice cream.
- my idea of heaven. on a plate.